Skip to content

FILMOTECH ARCHIVE FORUM

)) Back to the new forum ((

Not all films are synced to the web

Hi everybody,

setting up the web publishing thing on my website (after a bit of try&error I finally figured it out. @Filmotech a step by step instruction on how to do this would be really helpful!), I encountered the following problem:

Not all of the films in my list are being uploaded/synced to my website. In Filmotech it says I have 189 films, my website says 184. When I hit the publish button, the console tells me 5 films are being added to my website. When I check my website, those 5 films are still missing. When I hit the publish button again, same thing: it says 5 films are being added, still nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any clue as to what this is about? Is it a bug maybe or could there be anything wrong with the database entries of those 5 films? I tried deleting and re-adding them, but that only helped in some cases.
I am on macOS Monterey, Filmotech v3.9.1.

Thanks everyone,
Justin
Tagged:

Comments

• FilmotechFilmotech Administrator
    Hi,

This should work as expected, perhaps a problem with data. Try to check "Force update", that will publish all your 189 movies again.

• Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried "Force Update" a couple of times, I also deleted and re-added the missing 5 films again. Still, only 184 of 189 total are being uploaded... maybe this is miraculously fixed in a future update? :smiley:
    Are the 5 missing films marked as 'out' ? 
  • I finally figured it out! The 5 films had extraordinarily long genres. It seems the genre cell of the database will only accept a limited number of slash-separated words or a limited number of total characters. After shortening the genre of those 5 films, everything worked just fine!
  • It seems to be 50 characters max in the genre field. 
    Yes : "Genre varchar(50)". If you know how to use phpmyadmin and SQL, you can alter the film table on the server to increase the size of this field, something like

ALTER TABLE filmTableName MODIFY Genre VARCHAR(200)

• Thank you very much!
    Maybe an idea for the future: during web publishing, let the database automatically cut off the overflowing characters, so a too long genre will not result in the entry not being uploaded at all?
    jjcopter said:
    Thank you very much!
    Maybe an idea for the future: during web publishing, let the database automatically cut off the overflowing characters, so a too long genre will not result in the entry not being uploaded at all?
    Yes, that's a good idea ! :smile: